DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
Activities of the company:
For more than four decades Mecalac has been designing, manufacturing and distributing leading edge urban construction equipment. Driven by a philosophy of constant innovation, and a frequent recipient of international design awards, Mecalac offers a wide range of excavators, wheel loaders, site dumpers, backhoe loaders, compaction rollers and other custom equipment.
Established in 76 countries:
Europe, Canada, USA, Latin America, Africa, Middle East, Australia.
The Mecalac group:
- 5 industrial subsidiaries,
- 9 sales companies,
- 1 network of more than 220 independent distributors worldwide
- 5 ranges, 59 products: excavators, loaders, backhoe loaders, site dumpers, compaction rollers
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
In direct interaction with our dealers, customers and factories in France, UK, Germany and Turkey, the Mecalac Market Support Officer (MSO) plays a dual role of technical advisor and aftersales representative to develop Mecalac services where it brings value and satisfaction for our customers.
In this role, the MSO is responsible for supporting our dealer network and developing the relationship between the technical services of the dealers and the factories of the group. The MSO gets support from the Factory Service Engineers of each product company and from Mecalac North America local team.
He is also responsible of the technical relationship between the factories of the group and the technical and commercial departments of the MECALAC dealer network.
Finally, the MSO is accountable for the dealer network service quality level and the respect of guidelines and process developed by the group (technical support, dealer training, warranty, recall campaign, methods...).
The position is located in Boston periphery and requires a valid working permit in USA.
MAIN ACTIVITIES and AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Hierarchical : Aftersales manager or Sales Company Manager where applicable
- Operational link : Reliability and MSO coordinator, Factory Service Engineer (technical level 3 support from PC)
- Other: Member of the MSO team / problem-solving team & may be a member of some project teams on cross-functional projects
MAIN ACTIVITIES and AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
In compliance with the rules, procedures and corporate standards and in line with the company strategy the MSO is responsible for:PROVIDING TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR DEALERS OF THE BRAND FOR ALL PRODUCTS
- Provide technical assistance (telephone and in the field) to dealers from the identification of the problem by the customer service to its effective resolution confirmed by the end customer.
- Ensure the proper execution of work on the machines covered under warranty by random checks and scrutineering.
- Ensure the proper application of NITs (Service Bulletins) written by the MECALAC factories
- Provides information to the PCs for the justification of warranty in exceptional cases (goodwill for example)
- Transmits internally and rigorously formalized incidents, criticisms, suggestions for improvement observed by customers, following the established procedures.
- Contribute to problem resolution for technical problems.
- Keep informed of developments in Mecalac products and competing products.
- Support Product Safety Group to investigate accidents / incidents that may occur with Mecalac Equipment on customer / end-user sites.
- Enforce our requirements of responsiveness and rigor at the dealers
- Building with dealers a technical training plan for mechanics and technicians working on MECALAC machines
- Train the dealers on Mecalac standards and processes eg PDIs, Commissioning Machines etc
- Advise on recommended parts stock levels to support the dealer territory
- Assist the dealers in the use of the Warranty System and act as interface between the dealer and factory in unresolved warranty related issues.
- Visit dealers several times a year to support technically & work together on solving difficult cases
- Audit the network to help them make progress in the MECALAC standards, and establishes together with the dealers the action plan to compensate any deviations and enter into a continuous improvement process
MECALAC reinforces every day its range of parts, accessories and services. As such, the Market Support Officer must :
- Promote the services offered by the factories (extended warranties, telematics, etc.)
- Promote the use of genuine parts MECALAC on machines, during and after the warranty period
- Promote the sale of accessories developed by the aftersales department (oils, seat covers, etc.)
- Experienced technical or trained engineer (general interested in the material and / or maintenance)
- Knowledge of Technical English and / or German
- Good technical knowledge on technologies embedded in our machines (mechanics, hydraulics, electrical, electronics,…)
- Ability to diagnose a failure or malfunction
- Ability to write and describe a technical problem to ensure proper problem solving by the factories
- Ability to communicate internally and to the distributors customers' requirement
- Key player in problem resolution
- Appetite for business development (commercial)
- Mobile (many trips in the field throughout the year)
- Strong ability to listen, adapt and respond quickly and efficiently to difficult situations with the aim to inspire confidence in its interlocutors
- Interpersonal skills
- Autonomous, able to take responsibility
- Sense of initiative
- Rigorous and organized
- Ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work under pressure
As soon as possible