Personal Data Protection Policy
1. Our commitment
Within the MECALAC Group and its subsidiaries, (“MECALAC” signifying each of the entities of the group), we attach a great deal of importance to the confidentiality and protection of the personal data that you entrust to us.
We collect your personal data when you use our Internet sites, but also when you buy a MECALAC product, or in various situations described below.
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you what information we collect, for what purposes, for how long we keep it, and to whom we will transfer it where applicable.
By using our Internet sites, you accept the terms of this personal data protection policy.
We may freely amend this policy, any amendment applying automatically to users using the sites subsequent to the amendment. Consequently, you are invited to refer to it each time you visit our site so that you are always acquainted with the latest available version.
The term “personal data” is understood to mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable private individual, such as his/her name, contact details, sex, Social Security number, image, or biometric or genetic data.
“Data processing” is defined as any operation carried out on personal data, whether or not it is carried out using automated processes. A process encompasses everything that can be done with data, such as collection, recording, retention, alteration, retrieval, usage, transmission, dissemination, erasure or destruction of personal data.
Within Mecalac, we are committed to collecting and using data in compliance with applicable law, in a fair and legitimate way, and to always respecting individual privacy.
Through this Personal Data Protection Policy, Mecalac is committed, as Data Processor for the processes of which we have determined the purpose and means, to processing your personal data with all due care and exclusively for the purposes for which it has been collected, in accordance with the principles of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation no.2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”) and more broadly with all legal provisions in effect in France.
2. How do we collect your data and for what purposes?
Your data are collected by the different entities of the MECALAC group and used by them only for explicit and legitimate purposes of which you are made aware.
The purposes of each type of processing of your personal data are described and defined at the time your data is collected.
The main purposes for which your data are collected are as follows:
- Management of our customer relations via our CRM and provision of the products or services you seek from us;
- Management of requests formulated via the site contact form, in order to answer your questions;
- Management of the operation and optimization of the online sales service;
- Organization of the conditions of use of the online sales service;
- Verification, identification and authentication of the data that you transmit to us;
- Sending of targeted commercial communications under the conditions authorized by the applicable law, or management of our opt-out list if you have asked not to receive commercial prospecting;
- Organization of competitions;
- Provision of customer service as part of customer assistance;
- Compilation of audience statistics for the Internet site, to allow us to improve it and offer you an optimal browsing experience;
- Compliance with applicable legislative, regulatory or Community law obligations;
- Prevention and detection of fraud, and management of security incidents;
- Management of any disputes.
We are committed to processing your personal data in a manner strictly compliant with these purposes.
3. What categories of data are collected?
We only collect relevant and necessary data.
The personal data that we collect is only the data necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes of the processing we implement. We are committed to not collecting more data than necessary.
When you decide to supply us some of your personal data through the collection forms of our Internet sites, the fields to be filled in, identified by an asterisk, are required in that they concern information that is strictly necessary to access the services to which you wish to subscribe (subscription to newsletters, registration on the sites, creation of an account for an online order etc.).
Certain items of data are collected automatically, with your consent, by the installation of cookies on your terminal (see our policy on cookies below).
4. What is the legal basis for our use of your personal data?
When your personal data is used, the legal basis for the processing of your data can be:
- The execution of a contract or the preparatory documents for the conclusion of a contract, for example when you are used by us in the capacity of distributor, when you purchase a product from us, via our online sales site, or when a product purchased from one of our distributors is commissioned;
- Our legitimate interest, for example when you have purchased a product from us and we subsequently send you information about our new products, or when we retain data to allow us to exercise our rights in the event of litigation;
- The execution of legislative or regulatory obligations.
5. How long do we retain your personal data for?
Your personal data will always be retained for the time needed to fulfil the purpose for which it has been retained.
|Administration of your online account||Your data will be processed as long as you retain the capacity of registered user (i.e. until you decide to delete your user account).|
|The implementation, application and execution of the purchasing contract||We will process your data for the time needed to manage the products that you have bought and the associated warranties, including any returns, complaints or claims associated with them.|
|Customer Service||We will process your data for the time needed to reply to your request or question.|
|Marketing||We will process your personal data for a period of 3 years from your last interaction with us, or until you unregister or cancel your subscription to the newsletter.|
Independently of the processing of your personal data for the period strictly necessary to fulfil the corresponding purpose as stated above, this data shall then be retained, appropriately backed up and protected with restricted access during the period for which our liability could be incurred following the processing, in execution of the legislation in effect. The personal data shall be deleted once any actions arising from each case have expired.
It is specified that the personal data may be the subject of intermediate archiving to ensure that we are capable of meeting our legal, fiscal and accounting obligations, such as for example the obligation to retain invoices for a period of 10 years.
6. Is your data shared with third parties?
In order to fulfil the purposes stated above, access to your personal data must be allowed to third parties which we employ to offer your certain services, i.e.:
- Entities of the MECALAC group,
- Providers of technological services,
- Providers and partners of services related to marketing and advertising.
For the list of the various recipients of your personal data please contact: contact[at]mecalac.com.
Whatever the circumstances, each transfer of personal data is governed by contractual provisions, and we stipulate of the recipients that they act only in compliance with our instructions and with the law in effect, and that they take all technical and organizational measures to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal data.
Whatever the circumstances, your personal data will never be sold, shared, communicated or transferred in any form whatsoever to an unidentified third party for its own uses, particularly commercial or marketing ones.
7. How is the security of your personal data ensured?
MECALAC protects your personal data by putting in place physical and organizational security methods to prevent unauthorized access, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction of your personal data.
As the Internet is not a totally secure environment, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the personal data transmitted over our sites despite the measures we have put in place. It is your responsibility, when you use our sites, to make sure that the terminal that you are using is adequately secured and protected from malicious software such as Trojan horses or viruses.
We wish to inform you of the fact that, without adequate security measures (e.g. secure configuration of your web browser, updating of anti-virus programmes, firewall, refraining from using software from dubious sources etc.), you run the risk of the data and passwords you use to protect your data being disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
We also invite you to choose your password with care and to keep it strictly confidential.
8. What rights do you possess?
In accordance with the act of 6 January 1978, the so-called amended “Information Technology and Liberties” act, and with the GDPR, you possess the following rights:
- The right to object, for legitimate reasons, to your personal data being the subject of processing other than that to which you have consented;
- The right to object to the collected data being the subject of commercial processing. You possess a right of objection at any time, without having to provide grounds for it, which you may in particular exercise by clicking on the unregistering link present in each of our newsletters or offers.
We are committed to honouring your requests to cease the processing of your data, with the exception of legitimate and compelling grounds for the processing which would prevail over your rights and liberties, or for the exercise and defence of legal claims.
- The right to inform yourself about the processing to which this personal data gives rise;
- The right of access: Subject to certain conditions, you may obtain information concerning the processing of your data by MECALAC along with a copy of your personal data currently being processed.
- The right of correction, updating or deletion of all or part of said data. We are committed to processing within the shortest possible time your requests for correction in the event of any inaccuracy in the personal data that we hold about you. We are also committed to processing within the shortest possible time any requests for partial or total erasure of your data, under the conditions of Article 17 of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (right to be “forgotten”).
- The right to withdraw your consent, when the legal basis for the processing is your consent.
- The right to restriction of processing: We are committed to honouring your requests for restriction of processing, under the conditions of Article 18 of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation. In this case, we will retain your data but will no longer process it unless you consent thereto, or for the declaration, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The right to data portability: We are committed to supplying you, at your request, with the personal data that you have communicated to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This right to portability applies only to the data with which you have provided us, when the processing is based on your consent or on a contract and is carried out using automated processes.
- Right to lodge a complaint with:
- The Information Commissioner’s Office (for England)
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510
If there are any difficulties concerning the processing of your personal data that we perform, we invite you to contact us in the first instance. If you deem that your rights have not been respected, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at one of the following addresses:
- E-mail: contact[at]mecalac.com
- Letter: MECALAC CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT UK Ltd, Central Boulevard, Prologis Park, Coventry CV6 4BX, UK
In order for your request to be handled as efficiently as possible, do not forget:
- to inform us of the type or types of processing relating to your request
- to inform us of the right(s) that you wish to exercise
- to send us a copy of your piece of ID (so that we can check that the author of the request is indeed the person relating to the processing).
When viewing the Internet sites of MECALAC, information relating to your browsing on the Site may be stored in text files known as "Cookies", installed on your browser. The installed cookies are as follows:
- Website :
accept_cookies (Apparait lorsque le visiteur accepte les cookies)
mecalac_documentation_pardot_submission (Apparait lorsque le visiteur télécharge une documentation)
- By Pardot:
- By Google Analytics:
Cookies are used to recognise you automatically, each time you view the sites, in order to personalise purchasing advice and provide better service.
You possess a right of access, withdrawal and alteration of the personal data communicated via cookies (for more information on settings for cookies: The Information Commissioner’s Office).
Thus, you may block cookies by enabling the setting of your browser allowing you to refuse all or certain cookies. However, if you choose to block all cookies, you will no longer be able to access all or part of the sites.
The cookies that we use are as follows:
- Retention and access to information
The retention of information or access to information already retained on your device, for example advertisement IDs, IDs of the device, cookies and similar technology.
Collection and processing of information relating to your use of this service in order to subsequently send you advertisements and/or personalised content in other contexts, for example on other sites or applications. In general, content of the site or application is used to make deductions about your interests, which will be useful in the context of the subsequent selection of advertisement and/or content.
- Selection, dissemination and signalling of advertisements
Collection of information which is then associated with that previously gathered, in order to select and disseminate advertisements to you, then assess their dissemination along with their effectiveness. This includes: the fact of using previously collected information in a manner relating to your interests in order to select advertisements; the processing of data indicating which advertisements have been displayed and with what frequency, at what moment and where they have been displayed; and the fact of knowing if you have reacted to said advertisements, for example if you clicked on them or made a purchase. This does not include Personalisation which consists in the collection and processing of information relating to your use of this service in order to subsequently send you personalised advertisements and/or content in other contexts, for example on sites or applications.
- Selection, dissemination and signalling of content
Collection of information which is associated with that previously gathered in order to select and disseminate content to you, then evaluate its dissemination along with its effectiveness. This includes: the fact of using previously collected information in a manner relating to your interests in order to select content; the processing of data indicating what content has been displayed, with what frequency, for how long, at what moment and where it has been displayed; and the fact of knowing if you have reacted to said content, for example if you clicked on it. This does not include Personalisation which consists in the collection and processing of information relating to your use of this service in order to subsequently send you personalized content and/or advertisements in other contexts, for example on sites or applications.
You may state your preferences by going into the Cookies banner.