About the job
Mecalac is a leader in the design and manufacture of compact construction equipment. Renowned for stylish design, rental-tough build quality and safety-critical operator technologies, our extensive range is used on sites worldwide. With more than 70 years’ experience in development and production, we continue to innovate, boasting a comprehensive portfolio of compact equipment specifically developed to revolutionise operations for construction professionals – saving time, money and labour.
From class-leading site dumpers and backhoe loaders, to compaction rollers, wheel loaders and a unique portfolio of first-to-market excavators, we guarantee superior performance, flexibility and speed. Choosing Mecalac means embracing innovation, efficiency, comfort, safety and performance – the perfect solution for every application.
You will be working on innovative award winning products and your primary responsibility will be to support manufacturing operations by resolving build quality problems, improving tools and processes and ensuring smooth introduction of project related product changes and new features; to investigate, plan and implement new engineering processes / methods / tooling facilities in collaboration with the manufacturing teams.
You will be responsible for defining and managing the configuration of all products built on site; defining, analysing and reporting on bill of materials (BOMs) associated with all configurations along with analysis of initial costs.
You will be actively involved in the continuous improvement processes with assembly, and manufacturing, investigate and resolve manufacturing related problems and leading problem solving teams where appropriate.
You will be collaborating with colleagues on all cross-functional projects to ensure smooth transition of engineering projects across the manufacturing facility.
We are looking for candidates with HND or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience in mechanical engineering.
Essential skills and experience also include:
- Previous experience of manufacturing environment and complex product configuration and systems set up.
- Ideally (but not mandatory) experience of off-highway vehicle product development environment.
- Extensive experience in a manufacturing engineering role
- Hands on and proactive approach to work.
- Excellent problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
- Passion for continuous learning and developing others, ideally coaching experience.
- Collaborative and skilled influencer.
- Resilience and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and competencies of working with data.
We offer competitive salary and benefits including:
- Basic salary up to £40,000 pa (depending on experience)
- Life Assurance
- Employee discounts and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle2Work Scheme