About the job
Mecalac is a leader in the design and manufacture of compact construction equipment. Renowned for stylish design, rental-tough build quality and safety-critical operator technologies, our extensive range is used on sites worldwide. With more than 70 years’ experience in development and production, we continue to innovate, boasting a comprehensive portfolio of compact equipment specifically developed to revolutionise operations for construction professionals – saving time, money and labour.
From class-leading site dumpers and backhoe loaders, to compaction rollers, wheel loaders and a unique portfolio of first-to-market excavators, we guarantee superior performance, flexibility and speed. Choosing Mecalac means embracing innovation, efficiency, comfort, safety and performance – the perfect solution for every application.
You will be working on innovative award winning products and your primary responsibility will be leading the new future product designs and innovations as well as maintaining the current product portfolio. You will be taking on the challenge of successfully driving engineering changes across multiple products and processes. You will also be championing continuous improvement of design and process engineering activities.
You will be leading engineering change management to agreed deadlines, cost, quality and process. You will be ensuring rigorous compliance with relevant legal and safety regulations to all allocated products during full lifecycle.
You will be driving problem solving activities of technical problems and supporting the team in quick resolution. You will be seeking out and managing through to successful implementation of opportunities for improvement in projects and processes.
You will also be responsible for ensuring resources and costs are appropriately attributed to projects to allow for good project cost control in line with organisational engineering standards.
We are looking for candidates with CEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level qualification in another engineering discipline.
Essential skills and experience also include:
- Previous experience of manufacturing environment and leading engineering or project team with responsibility for significant engineering changes.
- Ideally (but not mandatory) experience of off-highway vehicle product development environment.
- Project Management experience.
- 3D CAD expert, ideally CREO or Solidworks
- Excellent working knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Excellent problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
- Passion for continuous learning and developing others, ideally coaching experience.
- Collaborative and skilled influencer.
- Resilience and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Change Management experience.
We offer competitive salary and benefits including:
- Basic salary up to £60,000 pa (depending on experience)
- Life Assurance
- Employee discounts and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle2Work Scheme