About the job
Mecalac is a leader in the design and manufacture of compact construction equipment. Renowned for stylish design, rental-tough build quality and safety-critical operator technologies, our extensive range is used on sites worldwide. With more than 70 years’ experience in development and production, we continue to innovate, boasting a comprehensive portfolio of compact equipment specifically developed to revolutionise operations for construction professionals – saving time, money and labour.
From class-leading site dumpers and backhoe loaders, to compaction rollers, wheel loaders and a unique portfolio of first-to-market excavators, we guarantee superior performance, flexibility and speed. Choosing Mecalac means embracing innovation, efficiency, comfort, safety and performance – the perfect solution for every application.
- You will be working on innovative award winning products and your primary responsibility will be to lead and provide electrical design capability to engineering activities / projects assigned to the engineering design team.
- You will be responsible for generation and delivery of concept and manufacturing design definitions, based on technical specifications, standards and other constraints, as well as conceptual development of new products.
- You will be driving problem solving activities of electrical problems and supporting the team in quick resolution. You will be seeking out and managing through to successful implementation of opportunities for improvement in projects and processes.
- You will also be responsible for planning, controlling and delivering assigned projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan, budget, quality and cost. You will be preparing and delivering progress reports against project plans.
We are looking for candidates with BEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in electrical design.
Essential skills and experience also include:
- Previous experience of manufacturing environment and working in a senior electrical design role, designing schematics.
- Ideally (but not mandatory) experience of off-highway vehicle product development environment.
- Project Management experience
- Experience of ECAD, ideally ZUKEN E3.
- Excellent working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Excellent problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
- Passion for continuous learning and developing others, ideally coaching experience.
- Collaborative and skilled influencer.
- Resilience and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Change Management experience.
We offer competitive salary and benefits including:
- Basic salary up to £60,000 pa (depending on experience)
- Life Assurance
- Employee discounts and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle2Work Scheme