About the job
Mecalac is a leader in the design and manufacture of compact construction equipment. Renowned for stylish design, rental-tough build quality and safety-critical operator technologies, our extensive range is used on sites worldwide. With more than 70 years’ experience in development and production, we continue to innovate, boasting a comprehensive portfolio of compact equipment specifically developed to revolutionise operations for construction professionals – saving time, money and labour.
From class-leading site dumpers and backhoe loaders, to compaction rollers, wheel loaders and a unique portfolio of first-to-market excavators, we guarantee superior performance, flexibility and speed. Choosing Mecalac means embracing innovation, efficiency, comfort, safety and performance – the perfect solution for every application.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Administrator whose primary responsibility will be for the entire order management process for your allocated accounts, from receipt of order through to shipment.
You will be liasing with external and internal customers to ensure shipments and invoices are completed in a timely manner. You will be working with our ERP system, planning orders from entry through to dispatch ensuring process compliance for every order. You will also be responsible for quick resolution of order or billing queries.
You will be responsible for managing and distributing export documentation in line with customer and organisational requirements including but not limited to preparing commercial invoices and packing lists, customs declaration forms etc.
You will be also required to provide generalist administrative service within the team including co-ordinating travel requirements for management team.
We are looking for candidates with GCSE in Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent Level 2 qualifications.
Essential skills and experience also include:
- Excellent computer literacy skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous administrative experience in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment and customer query resolution.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Confident communicator with excellent customer service skills.
- Resilient and able to stay calm under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to work well and collaborate across various levels within the business and outside.
We offer competitive salary and benefits including:
- £23,000- £28,000 per annum basic salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays
- 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Thu 08.30-17.00, Fri 08.30-14.00
- Life Assurance
- Employee discounts and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle2Work etc.